Sunday, January 24, 2016

Upsidedownness

When I was a kid, I used to watch TV while sitting in a headstand on the couch.  Somehow, the world just looks different upsidedown...  Not necessarily better or worse, just different--a new perspective, if you will.  Either way, tt's a nice change from the mundane right-side-upness of the world that we are so accustomed to.

I tried acro yoga for the first time today, and the upsidedownness did not disappoint.  It was so amazing to see what my body was capable of.  This particular pose was trickier than it looks from the photograph.  I actually started on my stomach and we crossed hands so he could flip me around to my back.  Took a couple tries, but I got it!

Reckless Tip of the Day: See the world from a new perspective.  (It may just be literally upsidedown, or it may be figuratively upsidedown: from the perspective of someone you usually don't understand.)

1 comment:

  1. Yep i remember them days you watching Barney upside down

    ReplyDelete