Sunday, January 3, 2016

Journals Anonymous

For those of you who don't know me... I am a journal junkie.  I wouldn't be surprised if my friends and family got together to stage an journal-buying intervention and sent me to JA meetings.  I love journals.  I love how they smell and how they feel and how they look and how blank they are.  They're like a blank canvas for your life.

Similar to the millions of New Year's resolutions that are shot by January 10th, most of my plethora of journals are 10-pages full and then forgotten.  And yet, people still make resolutions every year, often the same one over and over again, knowing they will break them.  Why?  Because the chance for a fresh start is always so tempting.  I still buy journals because they are like a New Year Fresh Start that I can get anytime of the year.

This particular journal, which is handmade and beautiful might I add, was given to me this year at Christmas.  (Why?  Because my family feeds my addiction, that's why...)  And I want to finish it.  Since there are no lines, it has kind of become a sketchbook/journal, and I like it.  Pictured above are my notes from this morning's service.

Reckless Tip of the Day: Finish your resolution!  (Or just a journal...)

1 comment:

  1. I wasn't feeding your addiction....it called out to me and said you needed one with no lines so you could write freely without worry of going outside the lines. :) Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete