Monday, January 4, 2016

Cuban Food on Crack

First official date night of the year!  And let me tell you, we are off to a good start.

1. Bahama Breeze.  My new favorite restaurant.  Holy cow.
"This is like Cuban food on crack."
"If I could only eat one thing for the rest of my life, I'd choose this."
"I want to cry.  Because I keep eating my meal.  So it's disappearing.  Please don't go.  Come back meal."
"If this meal came in on a white horse and proposed to me, I'd leave you (Max) here at the restaurant and live happily ever after with it."

I think Max may have been a bit lonely because I spent most of the date whispering sweet nothings to my food... My friends, this is a sweet plantain filled with happiness: rice, beans, cheese, beef, and love.  Nom.

2. Books-a-Million!  Right next door, who can resist?  This trip was pretty standard for us: I pick some beautifully bound classics, drool over them, carry them around for a bit, drool some more over the leather journals, cry as I put the classics back--while Max follows me around reading a manga book backwards.  (And every once in awhile I stop drooling to remind him how rude it is to read a book cover to cover in a bookstore... Just pay for it, Anime Nerd!)

3. Revolution Ice Cream: The closet Bahama Breeze was in Brandon.  But the Rev is also in Brandon, so no hard feelings.  Best ice cream shop around!  LOVE LOVE LOVE.  And my awesome hoop teacher ever sells her hoops there, so that's pretty cool.

To sum up my date: Cuban Food on Crack, Books, Ice Cream, Max.  All-in-all, I think I have it pretty good.  :)

Reckless Tip of the Day: Pick something on the menu you've never tried before!

No comments:

Post a Comment