Thursday, January 7, 2016

Colorful Joy

Welcome to Melissa's First Ever Coloring Party/Disney Marathon!  This night will include:

  • junk food: pizza, chips, and a giant bag of gummy bears (shown bottom right)
  • beginning and advanced coloring books (they are NOT "adult coloring books," because that implies that other coloring books are just for kids... This is not Trix cereal, people...)
  • fabric and wooden canvases
  • paint, crayons, colored pencils
  • stacks of Disney movies (we choose Princess Diaries and Brave)
  • and, of couse, amazingly awesome friends (not pictured: the fabulous Shelby, who left a little early)
I have this annoying tendency of feeling really lonely and then blaming it on the fact that I have no friends.  This, of course, is ridiculous.  It is I who isolates myself.  So this past weekend I had the random idea to throw this little party, and what do you know?  Friends.


Everyone got a wooden tile to decorate, and I miraculously managed to make this!  I choose Joy because isn't that what we have to do every day?  CHOOSE JOY.

Reckless Tip of the Day: Choose Joy!

1 comment:

  1. That was a great idea! I am glad you had fun. I LOVE your picture! You did a great job. Remember to keep feeding Joy so she has the strength to win the battles. :)
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete