Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Trinity, Toilet, Turtles

Even though my church can't pay me full time anymore, I am honored that they allowed me to stick aorund and continued working with the kids.  A lot of people don't understand why I love working with kids so much.  They think that kids are too far below their intellectual level, and they would rather spend time with someone they can "go deeper" with.  But actually, kids understand a lot of complex concepts.  The only difference is how you approach the subject...

Just tonight...
  • I taught about the Holy Trinity using marshmallows and candy corn.
  • We discussed how "Pray on the toilet" is a legitimate New Year's Resolution, followed by a historical lesson on the proper way to poop.
  • We debated the status of the Ninja Turtles as super heroes.  (Kids said no because they are just mutants and have no suits.  I said yes because X-Men are mutants, too, and no one questions their superhero status.  Also, it's hard to find turtle shaped suits.  They did their best with the mask and belts.)

When was the last time your conversations were that deep?

Feel free to continue the Turtle debate in the comment section!

Reckless Tip of the Day: Pray on the toilet!

PS If you'd like a copy of the Snowman Trilogy Poem, let me know!

1 comment:

  1. 1) Kids are awesome and I have amazing conversations with my kids at school
    2) I've had it pretty easy in the job department as well....hope I never have to do what you're doing!
    3) That Cuban crack meal sounds divine! We need to go there next time I'm in town :)
    4) Love you and miss you lil sis!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete