Tuesday, February 1, 2011

But soft!

Today was the day!  I was finally going to check "Go to a drive-in movie theater" off my List.

I was ready: I had my cute hat on.
                   I had directions written down on my piggy notepad.
                   I had My Boy.

We were on our way!  Down Florida.  Down Main.  Down George Jenkins.  Should be coming up soon... Passing... George Jenkins?  Why do these streets look familiar?

Ugh.  Why is my sense of direction non-existant?  No worries.  We weren't lost.  Just couldn't find the theater.  *sigh*  Date ruined.

But soft!  What light through yonder window breaks?  It is the silver lining.  I don't even usually get to see My  Boy on an average Tuesday night.  Long story short, I eventually stopped being grumpy and enjoyed my night.

RTD: Not all plans work out.  Deal with it, fellow over-planners!

No comments:

Post a Comment