Monday, February 21, 2011

Memory Lane Monday

It's Memory Lane Monday!

Caution: Do not look at this picture too long.  You may die of cuteness overload.

Yes, yes, Ladies and Gents.  That is Little Me with my Memere.

For some reason, everything today kept reminding me of Memere.  Family kept posting pictures or comments or I would see or hear something very Memere-ish.  Whatever it was, I thought a lot about her today, so she earned the honor of being the subject of my blog post.

Memere is what I always called a "Storybook Grandma."  One of those grandmas that is so perfectly grandma-ish that they only exist in stories.  Except that Memere was for real.  She baked cookies and muffins and crepes and cake.  She made us Cream of Wheat in the mornings and had about a gazillion different flavors of jam or jelly to be mixed in.  She took us to the zoo.  She read us stories so vividly that sometimes I forgot they weren't real.  She taught us how to make fun crafts and how to plant in her garden.  She gave gifts from the heart no matter what day of the year it was.

She loved God and loved people.
And God and people loved her.

Hope you're having fun in Heaven, Memere.  I love you.

Reckless Tip of the Day: Take time off and spend time with your grandma/grandkids.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment