Wednesday, February 16, 2011

"And that's how I knew he loved me and we would get married and have a house and a picket fence and a dog and two kids and live happily ever after."

A long time ago, when I wrote my List-Of-Things-To-Do-Before-I-Die List, I added on "Give a speech."  I wasn't sure when that would actually ever happen.  But, lo and behold, I gave two speeches today, and one of them won a contest.  *insert canned applause here*

1) I gave my first chapel lesson at work today!  We talked about Jesus walking on water and courage to "get out of the boat."  AKA It was basically a watered down kiddie version of my famous "be reckless" mantra.

I'm creating the reckless generation of tomorrow!

2) I entered a club Table Topics contest in Toastmasters.  Basically, three of us were given the same topic one at a time, and we had to speak for 1-2 minutes on it.

"Talk about a Valentine's gift that made you feel loved."

So, of course, I talked about my 4th grade love and how he gave me a card and Sweethearts.  None of the other girls got Sweethearts.  That's how I knew that we were meant for each other.  That he loved me.

Long story short, I won!  And now I'm going to an area contest.  My first speech contest.  Cool.

Reckless Tip of the Day: Speak in front of people.  Chances are you have something of worth to say, even if you don't know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment