Friday, January 14, 2011

Ooga Booga!

"All right, guys.  It's Fun Friday.  We're doing a special game that we only play once a year tonight.  All you have to do is do whatever Corey does.  It's like Simon Says.  He'll make you do funny things, and the kids love it."

*All new staff members are sent outside left to wonder what the heck is actually going on here.  Staff members are brought in one at a time.  I'm last.  When I walk in, all the lights are off, other new staff members are sitting cross-legged in the back with green face paint and a plastic spoon hangin from their noses.  My boss--dressed in bright floral pants, a Christmas wreath around his neck, and a yellow tie--greets me.*

"Welcome to Ooga Booga Land.  You have been chosen to be initiated into the land.  Do you accept this invitation?"

"I accept."

*I pick up a broom and proceed to copy Corey as he moves around the broom in different ways each time saying "Ooga booga!"  He has me sit down, stand up, twirl the broom, etc.  During this time, I stay very serious.  Until the final time I sit down--a wet sponge was placed on my seat.  I am offically initiated.  I recieve my ceremonial face paint and spoon and join the others.*


I love my job...

No comments:

Post a Comment