Tuesday, January 25, 2011

10 points for the over-planner

Well, readers, you will be happy to know that I was a lot more reckless today than I was yesterday during my 10-hour coma.  Here's what happened:

I walk into the classroom where I'm interning and find out that the classroom teacher will be out for the rest of the semester.  Awesome.  I'm going to be learning how to teach from a sub.

Well, this sub, poor thing, just started today and was a little bit frazzled, as you could guess.  So I offered to teach the reading lesson for her.  That afternoon, I asked her what they were going to learn in math.  She showed me the pages and asked me if I wanted to teach again.

Thus, this SMART Board minilesson was born!  (See above.)  Basically, I made a quick math lesson up in five minutes, and taught it to the class--complete with line segment song and motions.

It was really fun.  I could get used to this whole teaching thing...

Reckless Tip of the Day: If you're an over-planner, like myself, don't be afriad to be spontaneous every once and while.

No comments:

Post a Comment